Alaska
It was interesting that I have been reading "Alaska" by Tracie Peterson. Since I have been reworking my novel, it took a while to read this book. I did become very intrigued with the people and the location of the book.
Tracie Peterson is a wonderful author and I have enjoyed every book that I have read of hers. This book was written some years back, but it was still very good. It showed the character and will of the Alaskan people.
This book has four novellas. I like the way she started with one character and wove all the others through the four short books. I especially liked the part about the Iditarod. We here in the lower forty-eight hear about it, but never know the hardships the racers go through. It is a gruelling experience.
What was more amazing was the announcement of Sarah Palen as our nominated Vice-President. I think I read faster after that to learn more about the state she hails from.
From the book. I gathered the Alaskan people are hard-working, strong willed and determined. They seem to be a helpful people and a close family. I look forward to hearing more about this state. I appreciate people who can weave a story about a place and make me feel that I have been there when I finish the book.
No comments:
Post a Comment